If you’re reading this article, my guess is that you know what a stone floor is or at least you have an idea of what it looks like.
Stone flooring falls under the category of hard floors and involves the use of slate, marble, terrazzo, stone aggregates, travertine, granite, and sandstone. Different natural stones are cut into a variety of sizes, shapes, and thicknesses for use as flooring.
Only a few building materials can rub shoulders with the elegance of a natural stone floor. It withstands unfavorable conditions compared to other materials used for flooring
Although the maintenance level of stone flooring isn’t high, stone floors usually require polishing and sealing. All stone floors are not the same, for each type of stone used in stone flooring, there are different measures to take in managing and cleaning them effectively.
Cleaning a stone floor in a public or commercial place would require a cleaning machine, unlike a private area that might only require a mop and bucket. Cleaning machines do all the work for you and get the work done faster and more effectively.
However, there are a few factors to consider when you want to buy a cleaning machine for your stone floors are:
- What type of stone was used for the floor?
- What type of dirt is most commonly found there; is it sand, oil or water spillage, stains.
- How large is the area you will be cleaning, does it have corners that are not so easy to navigate?
- Does the type of stone or area require a high level of maintenance?
After you’ve considered the factors listed above, you would be able to ascertain what type of Stone floor cleaning equipment you will need. There 3 major types namely:
- Rotary floor cleaning machines
- Floor scrubber dryers
- Industrial stone floor cleaning
Rotary Floor Cleaning machines:
These machines are ideal for marble or tiled floors. This type of cleaner uses a rotating cleaning brush or pad to clean the floor while the machine is being pushed across the floor by the handler. Rotary floor machines leave room for you to switch between brushes or pads to suit the type of floor surface you are cleaning.
Floor Scrubber Dryers:
Floor scrubbers are powerful floor cleaning machines. It has a two in one system that allows it to clean floors using a mixture of water and added chemicals whilst also drying them. The scrubbing machine functions with a rotary cleaning machine coupled with suction capabilities (similar to a vacuum cleaner) to allow both cleaning and drying to happen simultaneously. This helps you to save your time and money in the long run.
Floor scrubbers have been around for decades and have been used for commercial, domestic, and industrial purposes. They are similar to lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners but are used for cleaning and not cutting grass. Instead of blades, they use fast-rotating cleaning pads to wash the floor as water or a cleaning agent is dispensed simultaneously.
Industrial stone floor cleaning:
These are heavy-duty machines that feature innovative and oscillating scrub decks for cleaning right up to the edge, in between the crevices of the flooring and polishing the stone surface.
These machines help to remove dirt from factory spillage and caked-on dirt from production and factory waste left around.
Top 6 Best Stone Floor Cleaning Machine: Review
#1. Homitt Electric Spin Mop Power Floor Scrubber
This mop is lightweight and is easily maneuverable. The scrubber is quite powerful with a spinning ability of 120 to 150 times per minute. It also has a 300ml tank capacity which is considerably large, combined with hand controls that help it to dispense liquid.
Charging time is between 3-4 hours and will give you 45 minutes of non-stop cleaning time. The fact that this cleaner is cordless makes for ease of mobility plus the fact that the height is adjustable too.
It is also quite light so you have no reason to worry about putting too much stress on your hands. The scrubber has two scrubbing pads and two mop pads and neither of these leaves a scratch on your floor; on top of that, you can easily throw them in the wash.
- Electric powered spinning pads
- Adjustable height
- 12-month warranty
- Fast charging batteries.
- The major issue with this model is the fact that the battery is located on the mop head. This means that there’s the risk of the battery getting wet while you’re cleaning.
#2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is our favorite multi-function vacuum designed for carpet and hard flooring including tile. It gets high scores for being lightweight while having a large-capacity debris canister. The vacuum weighs 14 pounds and the price ranges from $200 -$500 and it is backed with a one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defect
- The removable, portable canister that is easy to empty
- The canister that makes it easy to vacuum stairs and reach overhead
- Continuous suction technology for more complete cleaning
- Reliable dust-containment seal around the canister keeps allergens from escaping
- Swivel steering for tighter turns and maneuverability around furniture without skidding wheels across hard flooring
- Roller brush with a toggle switch for activating and deactivating
- Available with standard and premium brush options
- Disposable dual microfiber attachment pads for dusting hard surfaces
- HEPA small-particle filtration of 99.9 percent of allergens for cleaner exhaust air
- Excellent reach with a 30-foot power cord
- Bagless canister might be a concern for people with allergies.
#3. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum
The Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A Pet Hard Floor vacuum is an affordable, dependable tile floor/hard floor vacuum. It replaces a broom and dustpan with a powerful vacuum motor.
- A V-shaped head that channels large debris to the center where suction is strongest while fine dust is removed at the edges.
- Excellent for edges with full-head suction
- Swivel head design ideal for vacuuming around obstacles
- Removable dirt cup for easy emptying
- 20-foot power cord offers adequate reach for small to medium spaces
- Relatively short cord
- Fairly small dirt cup
#4. Vmai Electric Mop with Polisher and Scrubber
The Vmai Electric Mop can seemingly do it all. It’s a cordless spin mop, a hardwood floor cleaner, a floor polisher, a tile scrubber, and waxing capabilities.
In addition to it being a multipurpose floor cleaning tool, you never have to trip over a cord or feel limited by where your outlet is located. You have 35 minutes of cleaning time before the battery needs recharging and in that time, you can scrub, polish, gently clean, or wax the hard floors in your home.
- Reusable and washable microfiber gentle scrub pads
- A tank for the cleaning solution
- Runs quiet
- Weighs less than ten pounds
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Limited cleaning time before you need to recharge
- Takes about two hours to charge
#5. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hardwood Floor Cleaner
This luxury model from Hoover might stretch your wallet a bit because it is a bit more expensive than similar options around. However, it is certainly worth the buy as it is packaged with everything you would want in a floor cleaner.
It has a peculiar spin scrub that helps to get the floor sparkling clean. It also has three modes of use: wash, vacuum, and dry, with this, you can easily scrub away caked stains and clean up water spillage simultaneously.
The machine has a dual tank where it stores clean water and the other for dirty water. It is set up in such a way that you can easily get rid of the dirty water without making any changes to the set up of the machine.
However, it has very promising features if you’re looking for a machine that will give you value for your money at an affordable price.
- Spinning scrub brushes
- 2-year limited warranty
- Triple mode: vacuum, wash, and dry
- Dual-action tank
- It weighs more than its counterpart, it might not be easy carrying it up and down a fleet of stairs.
- The brushes are not so easy to clean. They need to be removed and cleaned properly unlike the ones from simpler machines that can be thrown in the wash.
#6. GOBOT Cordless Electric Scrubber
The Gobot electric scrubber is suitable for those that are on a budget and want a scrubber that works effectively.
It has two spinning pad scrubbers that can effective on tiles, wood, vinyl, laminate, and linoleum that are designed to work on any hard floors including. It also doesn’t make a lot of noise, so you won’t have to be worried about disturbing your neighbors or flat-mates. The machine has different settings for mopping, waxing, and quick cleanup, and it comes with two sets of pads, both of which are washable up to 100 times.
- Electric spinning pads
- Cordless and charges very fast
- Long-lasting battery that provides up to 90-120 minutes of use.
- Very Affordable
- Full 1-year unlimited warranty
- It is not as powerful as other models, but can still get the job done
Cleaning a natural stone floor is not completely straight forward and the choice of equipment will be influenced by the floor area, the type of stone, and the level of dirt or staining.
If the method to be used is too abrasive it can damage the stone, but if it is too gentle the cleaning will not be effective. This is why it is important to take criteria to consider before buying a machine cleaner that was discussed in the first part of this article.
Best Stone Floor Cleaning Machine in Action